Many officials in the region of Riverside, California have spurred up the economic development plan which is known as “Seizing Our Destiny”.
The original development plan was launched nearly 2 years ago and many officials are realizing the importance of the initiative.
There were also multiple goals that were listed in the development plan such as:
- Attracting businesses that are eco-friendly (green job summit was also held)
- Expanding the convention center which is located in the downtown region
Some other goals included hosting the Festival of Lights and sending a particular newsletter to all of the local residents in the area.
There were also particular goals that were not met by the city as deadlines were surpassed. The Mayor of Riverside whose name is Ron Loveridge stated that he was pleased with the progress and is hopeful with the new re focus of the development plan.
Some of the key areas that will be focused on include:
- Sending out encouraging messages about the community of Riverside to ultimately attract new tourism and brand new businesses.
- Increasing the amount of collaboration between businesses, the city government and many of the local schools.
Many of the officials also want to continue to see how the city of Riverside is doing in the future by utilizing a variety of indicators such as test scores from schools and crime rates as well. A “quality of life index” would also be served as a score card.
Some of the features of the “quality of life index” include:
- A variety of surveys from employment data and wage data
- Measurements of the quality of water
- An overall score of approximately 539 out of 1000
A focus on solar power contributed to the high score on the “quality of life index”.
Overall, the rise of the development plan is going to positively affect the community of Riverside.